Arma 3 Creator DLC: S.O.G. Prairie Fire is coming soon
Publisher Bohemia Interactive and third-party developer Savage Game Design are announcing a major new Creator DLC coming soon to PC's premier military sim game, Arma 3.
- Cam Lao Nam Terrain - Explore a unique 300 km2 terrain representing the Vietnam War's entire Area of Operations, including the Ho Chi Minh Trail which ran from North Vietnam through neighboring Laos and Cambodia to South Vietnam.
- 4 Factions - Fight as the United States Army (including the covert MACV-SOG Special Forces unit), Army of the Republic of Vietnam (ARVN), People's Army of Vietnam (PAVN), or Viet Cong. All sides come equipped with their own uniforms and gear.
- 50+ Weapons - Engage the enemy with detailed recreations of pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns, grenade launchers, and a diverse range of weapon accessories. Your arsenal is reinforced by deadly grenades, traps, and other special items.
- 50+ Vehicles & Static Weapons (including variants) - Wage war in the jungles, mountains, cities, rivers, and islands of Vietnam with several variations of armed helicopters, gunboats, light tanks, cars, trucks, static weapons, one jet, five small boats, and two bicycles.
- Multiplayer Co-op Campaign - Operate deep within the enemy territory as a member of a clandestine MACV-SOG recon team in a fully voice-acted campaign that consists of 6 highly replayable co-op missions for up to 14 players.
- 9 Multiplayer Scenarios - Play 9 new scenarios in Arma 3's official End Game, Warlords, Zeus, and Escape game modes. The "Ash & Trash" bonus mission tasks you with flying routine helicopter missions around the beautiful countryside and landmarks of Cam Lao Nam.
- 5 Singleplayer Scenarios - Become familiar with the weapons, vehicles, and equipment used during the Vietnam War in two new Showcase scenarios. Additionally, there is a mission for both MACV and PAVN that introduces you to jungle combat from either perspective. The "Ash & Trash" bonus mission can also be enjoyed in singleplayer.
- Sounds & Effects - Experience 'Nam with immersive audio meticulously designed to reproduce the sound of jungle guerrilla warfare: wildlife calls, disturbed vegetation, quiet whispers of "Charlie", bullet cracks, explosions, and the loud cries of the wounded.
- Music - Listen to an atmospheric soundtrack that consists of rock and blues, and a cinematic score composed with Vietnamese instruments. Players can tune into an in-game radio channel that also broadcasts original Armed Forces Vietnam news and adverts that ran at the time.
- Additional Content - S.O.G. Prairie Fire is complemented by various modules and objects that are usable when the DLC is loaded. This includes custom systems for battlefield logistics, artillery and air support, melee combat, and more – as well as 100 food, drink, and medicine items and over 150 building structures and fortifications that can be used to support community-made content and game modes.
To ensure an optimal launch of the S.O.G. Prairie Fire DLC, Bohemia Interactive and Savage Game Design will host a small-scale, closed beta test in the next two weeks. Selected members of the Arma 3 community will be invited to report any remaining technical issues and help test the upcoming DLC on a variety of PC configurations.
The exact release date of the Arma 3 Creator DLC: S.O.G. Prairie Fire will be shared at a later time. More information about the project can also be found at https://www.sogpf.com. Savage Game Design plans to share more development insights via their social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
To learn more about the Arma 3 Creator DLC initiative, and to find answers to some of the most Frequently Asked Questions, please visit https://arma3.com/dlc/creator. For all the latest Arma 3 news, be sure to like the game's official Facebook Page, follow its Twitter account, subscribe to the Arma 3 YouTube Channel, and join its Steam Community.