In this new DLC, you will take on the role of private military contractors and be deployed to a new desert sandbox terrain. Besides more content creation opportunities in the Arma 3 scenario editor, the Western Sahara DLC will offer several official scenarios and game modes to choose from. One of these is the open-world scenario "Extraction", which can be played in singleplayer or in co-op online multiplayer with up to four players. The scenario offers players the opportunity to serve as an operator for the ION Services private military company who are sent on a combat search and rescue mission after a war correspondent has been taken captive somewhere in the fictional war-torn desert province of Sefrou-Ramal.
Key features of the Western Sahara Creator DLC include:
- Sefrou-Ramal Terrain (100 km2) - Composed of completely new assets, as well as upgraded structures and objects from Arma 2 and Arma 3, Sefrou-Ramal is a province in the northeast of fictional Argana and is characterized by flowing sand dunes and desert architecture.
- Armed Forces - UNA peacekeepers, Sefrawi Freedom and Independence Army, Tura tribe insurgents, desert NATO forces, and the return of the private military company ION Services.
- 4 Weapons & 1 Static Weapon - IMIL GALAT and Velko R4 automatic rifle, SLR rifle, XMS bullpup rifle, and a fully remastered Arma 2 static weapon, the ZU-23 anti-air gun.
- 9 Vehicle Variants - New variants of existing Arma 3 vehicles such as the Zamak truck, AMV-7 Marshall Infantry Fighting Vehicle, Offroad pickup truck, and PO-30 Orca helicopter.
- Equipment - A gun drone with a modular weapon attachment system, a portable ballistic shield, and a variety of masks like dust goggles, a military-style headset, a ballistic mask, and more.
- Open-World Scenario: "Extraction" - Search for intel and clues to return a kidnapped war correspondent to safety in a sandbox scenario featuring dynamically randomized contracts, which can be played in both singleplayer and multiplayer co-op with up to 4 players.
- Multiplayer Mode: "King of the Dunes" - An original spin on the popular community-made sector control multiplayer game mode “King of the Hill”.
- Multiplayer Mode: "Last Stand" - Defend against waves of enemies in a new co-op game mode for up to 4 players.
- Showcase: "ION Weapon Systems" - A VR training environment to test gear in various scenarios and prepare ION operatives for deployment.
- 2 Time Trial Races - Race across the Sefrawi sand dunes in the Vrana-Redstone Dune Rally.
- Additional Content - A digital camera, dromedary camel, refugee tents, and various new structures and props.
The Arma 3 Creator DLC: Western Sahara is scheduled for release later this year and will be priced at $6.99 USD (€6.99 EUR / £5.99 GBP). The precise release date will be shared at a later time. To be notified of Western Sahara's release, you can also add the DLC to their Steam wishlist via its store page.
In the next two weeks, Bohemia Interactive and Rotators Collective will host a small-scale, closed beta test for the DLC. Selected members of the Arma 3 community will be invited to participate in order to identify any remaining issues and test the new content on a wide variety of PC configurations before launch.
Creator DLC is a label for original Arma 3 projects made by third-party developers and published by Bohemia Interactive. This program enables external talent to earn a financial reward for their work, while players get to enjoy more new quality content. So far, three other Creator DLC projects have been released: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany (April 2019), S.O.G. Prairie Fire (May 2021), and CSLA Iron Curtain (June 2021)..
To learn more about the Arma 3 Creator DLC initiative, and to find answers to some of the most Frequently Asked Questions, please visit https://arma3.com/dlc/creator. For all the latest Arma 3 news, be sure to like the game's official Facebook Page, follow its Twitter account, subscribe to the Arma 3 YouTube Channel, and join its Steam Community.