The local art department in our Amsterdam development studio is now in search of a talented new Artist (Medior / Senior) to join their ranks. Together with our other two Artists you would be the driving force behind the visuals of our projects for Bohemia. We are especially keen to hear from versatile candidates who are used to developing new experimental methods, breaking technological boundaries, and getting creative to achieve the highest quality results. Are you interested in jumping on board? Connect with us and join!
- Conceptualization: brainstorming, researching, sketching and prototyping new vehicles, weapons, structures, props, and other assets
- 3D Modeling: building meshes, creating Levels Of Detail, skinning, preparing for animated components, etc.
- 2D Texturing: creating UV maps, advanced mapping (f.e. normal), setting up materials, creating supporting artwork, etc.
- Pipelines: preparing assets for our games and the underlying proprietary engines
- Seniority: exploring new technologies, methods and techniques, monitoring and improving the technical quality of our artwork, matching engine specifications and performance requirements, guarantying style guidelines, interdisciplinary cooperation, etc.
- Evaluation: inspecting your work in-game, tweaking and iterating, and enjoying the results!
- Proficient with 3D modelling software (f.e. Max / Maya / MODO / Blender)
- Proficient with 2D texturing software (f.e. Photoshop / Substance Painter)
- Familiar with effective polygon use, UV sets, mesh optimization and surface lighting
- A portfolio containing a proven ability to produce high-quality art (i.e. by presenting concept art, renders and in-game screen captures)
- Quickly able to learn new tools, methods and pipelines
- Experience with game development
- Good written and spoken English
- A willingness to work in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Drawing / painting skills
- A good understanding of color and form
- Relevant education on game art / classical art / graphic design / industrial design / architecture / multimedia
- Experience with Arma (3) / Real Virtuality engine and the relevant tools
- Scripting abilities in 2D / 3D software packages (f.e. HLSL / Cg / Max script / Flash / Java)
- Able to operate independently and to make responsible decisions about time management and priorities
- An understanding of the full game development cycle and iterative development methodologies
- Experience with versioning and revision control systems (f.e. SVN)
- Experience with Atlassian information systems (Confluence / JIRA)
- Experience with working in teams, across multiple locations
- Experience in an international company
- A passion for games and game development
- An opportunity to work on popular game franchises
- Possibilities to directly influence the final products
- The satisfaction of seeing your work being appreciated by enthusiastic gamers worldwide
- A great and friendly atmosphere in a small team
- Possibilities for skill development and personal growth in a dynamic company
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Work in one of the most inspiring capitals of Europe
- Relocation support
- Get all of our games for free