1) Hey Gwladys! Can you introduce yourself...
Hi! My name is Gwladys, and I'm a producer at Bohemia working on Arma Reforger. I work mostly with the animation department as well as the design department with my colleague Natasha.
2) What do you do as a Producer?
As a producer, my objectives are to give support to my teams in accomplishing their work, help facilitate communication between departments and anticipate future planning along with risk assessment. Of course, this is just a high-level description, and a lot of other things go into achieving this!
3) What is the most exciting part of your job?
Working as a producer is pretty exciting overall. No two days are ever the same! I always enjoy the whole process of problem-solving during development: Discovering issues, understanding where they're coming from, and talking it out with all of the different teams before finding solutions! I find brainstorming meetings very interesting for this reason.
4) How does one become a Producer?
Step by step~ wherever you are in life right now, practice your leadership skills, try and see if you can improve your communication skills, and in general, make the most out of every new experience you get. In general, always be introspective in your work and seek feedback and act upon it. These traits are extremely valuable as a producer and will benefit your growth as well as your team's growth.
5) What does your usual day look like?
A lot of different meetings: Planning weekly work, discussing Milestone planning, retrospectives, checking in with other departments, and in general talking with my great colleagues!
6) What new content are you looking forward to in Arma Reforger?
I'm really looking forward to the next features we have planned for release at the end of 2022! I can't wait to see our community make use of new weapon deployment, different medical assets, mines, etc., and for everyone to rediscover Conflict after the updates.
7) What are your hobbies outside of playing games?
I like singing! Especially classical singing.
8) Can you tell us a random fact about yourself?
I have some forest moss on my desk named Squishy.
9) What job did you want to do when you were little?
I wanted to be a teacher, an astrophysicist, an Egyptologist, a marine biologist, and baker, etc.
10) What's your favorite movie, TV show, and/or book?
My favorite movie is The Fellowship of the Ring (I can watch it on loop), the most recent TV show I loved is Better Call Saul, and my favorite book this year is Breasts and Eggs by Mieko Kawakami.
11) And your go-to music playlist is...?
A mix of classical, techno, indie-folk, pop, rap, opera, metal, rock, etc.
12) Cats or dogs?
Cats! Especially a black cat called Lemon <3
13) Let's move back to the video games topic. What was your first positive interaction with video games that you can remember?
I remember when I was very small, playing a bunch of weird PC games that I don't remember the name of. I would say my first real memory of video games was playing the Harry Potter 2 game on PC with my brother.
14) And your most memorable video game moment?
I can't really choose but honestly, just playing Zelda or Skyrim for hours a day and zoning out during the summer holidays was the best.
15) Who's your all-time favorite video game character, and why?
Lee Everett from Telltale's Walking Dead.
16) Which game has had the biggest influence on you during your life?
Bioshock, I can't wait to hear more about the upcoming one!
17) You have to pick one game you'd play for the rest of your life.
Breath of the wild, that way I can kill time finding all the Korok seeds.
18) Name one game you're a pro at...
19) And one game you're a noob at…
20) Is there anything else you're currently working on in your spare time?
Nothing much professionally, just enjoying my hobbies~