The newly released free to play version of Ylands brings players infinite potential for fun!
The 1.0 version of Ylands - the definitive creativity toolbox from Bohemia Interactive - builds on the foundations laid down in Early Access and complements the core gameplay with many new features and additions to bring limitless fun and creativity to old and new players alike.
The creative core of Ylands remains the same: CREATE, SHARE and PLAY.
- CREATE any game (from RPG epics to racing games - and anything in-between) you can dream of using the powerful Editor, then breathe life into your creations via Visual Scripting.
- SHARE your creations with the entire world via the Ylands Workshop and monetize any aspect of your creativity (if you choose so).
- PLAY countless unique games from the Workshop, across any genres and experiences. There is something new to play every day.
But Ylands will undergo some important changes with the 1.0 launch.
- FREE TO PLAY: Ylands is now free to download, install and play - anyone, anywhere can access the endless library of player created games or take a jab at creating something of their own via the built-in Editor.
- EXPLORATION: The "Explore mode" is now a stand-alone DLC (that is freely available to anyone who bought the game during early access).
- YLANDS MOBILE: The handheld version of Ylands is designed from the ground-up to support and work on mobile devices. Most of the games are shared between desktop and mobile versions, so you’ll have access to worlds of content.
Ylands is predominantly a creators platform and we are planning on supporting it for many years to come. For a platform, it is crucial to be available to as many players (and creators) as possible, so the change to a Free to Play format was a logical next step. By removing the barrier of entry and allowing anyone to monetize their creations - 1.0 paves the way to a bright future.
Version 1.0 - Ylands Yncoming highlights:
- new mini-games have been added to Playlands - the free communal playground of Ylands - doubling the number of available games
- daily / weekly quests have been added to Playlands
- improvements to crafting and building
- difficulty and progression scaling have been added to Exploration
- new camera modes added to the Editor: create 2D side-scrollers and top-down games and more
- new additions to the Editor: new instructional messages, tools for testing performance and more
- new costumes, pets, modern era assets, animals and more
- polished tons of gameplay features
- ...and much much more
To find out more information about the update head on over to the website created exclusively for this update:
Until next time, stay classy!
The Ylands team